Sunday, November 22, 2015

Kate Top Sewing Competition

After a little hiatus from sewing for me, I decided to enter the Kate Sewing Competition run by Tessuti. Kate is their new top pattern and is a shell top with a cropped length and side splits. I chose to make it in an awesome printed stretch cotton also from Tessuti (now sold out).


My Kate came together beautifully. I cut the size small and ended up taking it in. I'm currently making another and am making the extra-small.


I love these cut-away sleeves on my broad shoulders. It shows them off beautifully.


The pattern on this fabric was not printed straight, but I think I made it work. I used the option for concealed binding on the neck edge and armholes. I used some linen in my stash for the binding.


The instructions for the split are great and easy to follow. You end up with a beautifully finished garment.




So now I have a new top that I totally love! I initially wasn't sure about the colours on me as they are quite different from my usual choices, but I really like how they look on me.

How about you? Are you entering the Kate Competition?

No comments:

Post a Comment